State of Connecticut Now Allows Online Pediatric CPR and First Aid with AED course.
In order to successfully complete the State of Connecticut requirement for licensed and inspected day care centers the following must be completed for this course:
- Complete the online course Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED (click register now to purchase this course) and choose the Heartsaver Total option in the course.
- A skill review with a CPR Instructor must be done to complete the CPR and FIrst Aid portion of this class. ( Add this option during registration)
- Complete the State of Connecticut Supplemental materials course in person. ( Add this option during registration)
Bullet points 2 and 3 are done in our training center with our AHA Instructors once you have completed the online portion of this course.
The AHA’s Heartsaver Pediatric course is designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs first aid and/or CPR training and a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. Heartsaver courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared to act in an emergency.
The course is intended for those involved in childcare who have a duty to respond to illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. This audience includes childcare workers, teachers, foster care workers, camp counselors, youth organizations, and coaches for children’s sports organizations. This course is also ideal for parents, grandparents, extended family, babysitters, and guardians.
This course offers the flexibility of two different course paths:
- Heartsaver – Shorter Heartsaver course path offers the flexibility to add optional topics. Add on optional topics when required topics are completed.
- Heartsaver Total – Comprehensive course designed for those requiring training to meet OSHA or other regulatory agency requirements.
Choose the program option that best fits what you are required to complete when you click below.